During the message, I focused on the moment the Magi finally saw the Savior--bowing down to worship Him. After a long journey, these wise men finally found the light and responded to the light. They had an initial encounter with Jesus and I trust it reverberated into the future.
For those who profess faith in Jesus, our testimony is to be Magi like-- we have found Jesus and we are continuing to find Jesus. That is, we have a past with Jesus, but we are also seeking a present and future with Jesus. To this end, consider these ten questions from Don Whitney that will prod you to a deeper relationship with Jesus in 2009:
1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?Whitney's link also provides a question a day for the month.
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?