Taylor Clark is the author of Starbucked, a book that examines Starbucks from a business and cultural perspective. While Clark isn't a big fan of Starbucks (he thinks they're the McDonald's of coffee), he shared some fascinating Starbucks facts in his TV lecture:
- When the very first Starbucks opened in 1971, it didn't sell coffee by the cup-- only beans.
- Starbucks' largest store is a five-story building in South Korea.
- The average Starbucks store makes $1 million a year.
- Starbucks' biggest market is in China, a country where people generally don't drink coffee.
- Initially, Starbucks' management was staunchly against adding the Frappuccino to its menu; today, its their biggest selling drink.
My favorite cup of coffee? It's definitely Starbucks Espresso Roast.