Thursday, June 08, 2006

Mouth Full of Music

Every once in a while, my friend Shari and I sing together at the local nursing home, Sandstone Heights.

I provide a guitar and a voice. Shari provides the vocals. We sing from a songbook called, "Songs and Creations." The book contains a unique mix of over 1,000 songs, with music you won't find together in any other songbook--from classic hymns and kids songs, to American folk songs, to pop hits from the 60's and 70's. The signature songs of Shari and I are, "If I Had a Hammer," "Do Lord," and "This Land Is Your Land."

Yesterday we sang while the residents were eating their lunch. Some of the residents ignore us and eat. Others don't eat and sing along.

One resident was having such a good time singing, her dentures fell out!

And I guess that leaves me speechless.

No comments: