Friday, July 07, 2006

US Senior Open Round 2


Friday is the cut day at the US Senior Open. Only 10 players out of 156 had a round 1 score under par. Bruce Lietzke (shown in a picture with me in an earlier post below) was one those players. He had a 69 and I saw him stiff a shot two feet from the cup at the par 3 15th hole where he made birdie.

Many golfers were bunched together at 74. My guess is the cut line will be at +7.

My Dad and I probably saw 80% of the field take at least one swing--including Gary Player, Hale Irwin, Peter Jacobson, Jay Haas, Lanny Watkins, Tom Watson, and Allen Doyle.

#9--shown in the picture above--was the most difficult hole in the opening round. It wasn't so much the unjulated fairway--a prime feature of Prairie Dunes--but the difficult pin placement that made putting difficult.

No comments: