Thursday, May 25, 2006

Dogged Thoughts

My dog Popcorn ran off yesterday afternoon and is still gone this morning. He's run off before, but this is the first time he's been out all night long. A friend called at 6:30am today and said she saw Popcorn running past her place. I got in the car and drove around town trying to spot him, but no luck. I also drove around town for quite a while last night trying to find him, but no luck.

I have two emotions right now. On the on hand, I hope the beast gets whatever is coming to him. If he becomes road kill--or a coyote's dinner--it's his own stupid fault. On the other hand, I miss my dog. He's family. He's always by side (that is, whenever he's in the house; obviously, when he's outside, it's a whole different story).

Wonder if God feels this way sometimes about His creation.

No comments: