Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Diaper Bombs

Over the weekend we went to visit our friends the Mosers who recently moved to a new town.

Late in the evening, and with everyone near asleep in the house, my wife handed me my son's dirty diaper and ordered me to get rid of it.

No problem. I started looking for the trash. "No, don't leave it around here," she ordered. "Take it outside."

So I leave our basement bedroom and start looking for the trash dumpster.

I go out the front door and look near the garage. Not there.

I looked on the side of the garage. Nope.

I looked inside the garage. No luck.

As I wondered around in an unfamiliar house, looking for a trash can I can't find, I began thinking about my hero Adam West, better known as Batman, and that one scene in the 1966 movie where he's desperately running around with a bomb, and he says in exhaustion:

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb."

I finally found the dumpster. It was sitting in the fenced-in backyard.

The world is safe again.

No comments: